Not all businesses are the same. Just like individuals, each business is unique and deserves its own marketing and advertising plan. However, that doesn’t mean that there aren’t some ideas that are worth talking about, especially if you can do them for free! In this article we will discuss the easiest ways you can create buzz for free. Interested? Keep reading to learn more.
Communicating with Your Audience
One of the first things you’ll want to do is find a way to communicate with your audience, or ideal customers. The easiest ways to do this might include:
- Creating a way for people to sign up for a monthly newsletter – which is free to send out!
- Send out press releases to local news outlets such as local newsletters and news stations
- Make sure you have a website with plenty of information that is easy to digest
- Create social media profiles for your business
Once you have a website, newsletter, and social media accounts, you will want to start gaining followers. Before you start launching advertising campaigns that cost money, you might consider some of these ideas that will help you build awareness without reaching into your wallet:
- Be a guest – connect with other professionals who complement your business and agree to do some cross promoting. You can provide tips and tricks to their customers, and invite your business contacts to give your customers tips and tricks about things that they do. Perhaps consider being on a podcast as a knowledgeable expert!
- Create a podcast or YouTube channel – many times what leads us to purchase a product is the clear awareness that someone else is so great at what they do. Think about Bob Ross! He taught everyone how to paint, which led to others purchasing paints, brushes, and other products. If you make jewelry, why not teach others simple techniques? Not only will you make your customers happy, but you might increase your sales!
- Hold a Contest, Raffle or Giveaway – Sometimes the biggest boost to our social media accounts are when we do simple things, such as caption contests and more. Combine this with a 20% discount, and watch your numbers rise!
- Teach a Class – Get together with your local library and offer to teach a free class! This gets you in front of a few people at a time that are interested in what you do. Next step? Promote your website and social media at the end of your class, so your new students become loyal customers.
- Submit Articles – If you aren’t great in front of a crowd, you might consider submitting articles for publication, or even creating a workbook and videos. Often you can include your articles and links to your workbook and videos through partnerships with other businesses that are happy to promote your work, if you promote theirs. Have a newsletter you love? It doesn’t hurt to send them a sample of something you could write for them.
Remember that marketing isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of situation. Sometimes it takes some buildup, and it always takes time. Don’t forget that at Annek Marketing Group we can help your business find the perfect balance when it comes to your marketing and advertising budget. Our goal is always to help you do more of what you do best. We’re here to help, so contact us today learn more about the different options we have to get your business buzzing!